Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Week #4

This week went so fast, but I still managed to get quite a bit done! I never made baby sack sets before, so these were an adventure and I finished both on the same night.

Here's the Very Hungry Caterpillar set:

And here's the Santa Baby Set:



But I couldn't stop there! My daughter decided that she loved the new fuzzy blue yarn that I bought the other day on a whim and hadn't thought of what to make with it yet. She got into it and unraveled about half of it. I decided the best way to fix the situation was to crochet it all up! I made the hat, set it down, and completed the Santa Baby Set. As I was looking over at it while crocheting the set, I could only see the perfect Cookie Monster hat. The exact color, the fuzziness, it just fit perfectly, so this morning I ended up quickly crocheting some white half spheres and sewing them on, then adding the little black button eyeballs. I never made an entire hat out of fuzzy yarn before, but it was much easier than I anticipated. 


I just have two ribbed cable hats to make (matching for a set of little brothers!) and I'll be able to complete the order. Hoping I'll be able to get them done before the end of the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment